Thursday, March 17, 2011

Stoked Much?

I'm so excited to see Calvin Harris tomorrow! I've listened to him for a long, long time.  I remember before I even got into the electronic music scene I was in love with his track Colours and shortly after that Girls. He's a musical genius, I mean who else sings and works the tables at the same time as well as this Scottish babe? My favorite track is You Used To Hold Me, and I'm Not Alone comes in as a close second. There is no doubt that he'll drop Not Alone because it is probably one of his most famous songs but will he drop You used to hold me? Oh man, oh man! I just don't know! I sure hope he does. Oh and how groovy is Ready For the Weekend? I will be front and center fist pumping my heart out. I pray that he comes down after the show to shake hands, take pictures, sign autographs, etc.




Side Story-

Just yesterday somebody told me they were going to "Get Lucky" (the title of the rave he'll be headlining) and asked if I was going as well. I beamed a massive smile and proclaimed "YES!" for everyone to hear.  The conversation following this was one of the more frustrating experiences I've had in my life.  It went a little something like this:

Me: "Are you stoked to see Calvin?"
Idiot I wont name: "Calvin who?"
Me: "ummm.... Calvin Harris..."
Idiot: "who is that?"

      At this point my massive smile has turned into a massive look of disgust.

Me: "okay wait, you're going to this show but you don't even know who's playing?"
Idiot: "yeah! I'm just going because it's called Get Lucky"
Me: "I'm really hoping you're joking"
Idiot: "why?"
Me: "I have nothing left to say bud..."
Idiot: "Did I offend you or something?"
Me: *sigh* "Nope, maybe I'll see you there... later."

@#$%^&*&^%$%^!!!!!!!!! it is people like this chump that I despise. People that go to raves just to go to a rave, there is something really, really, REALLY wrong with that.  When I go it feels more like a sacrifice that has to be made for good music. I hate the drug infused culture more than I could possibly tell you but the music making it almost impossible not to raise your hands, the drop of heavy base that you can feel in your chest, the energy of the DJ(s) the crazy lights that draw you even closer to the music, leaving the venue with the sound resonating in you're mind and body, are all reasons that make it so that I'm willing to deal with a bunch of e-tards.

I'm done ranting but not quite done raving.

1 comment:

  1. Was this the kid sitting next to you in mass comm? If not, I remember this exact same conversation take place. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete